What is STREAM?
- Science: (Medicine, Biology, Chemistry, Forensics, Environmental Science, Forestry)
- Technology: (Information Systems, Cyber Security)
- Reading: (Journalism)
- Engineering: (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural, Biomedical Engineering)
- Arts: (Music, Arts)
- Mathematics: (Mathematics, Physics, Finance)
Our ability to address the STREAM educational and career pipeline is of importance from a local and national level in order to:
- Provide innovative solutions to an increasingly challenging and complex society,
- Ensure that all citizens are engaged in the conversation of STREAM ideas and the implementation of STREAM education to impact the health, wealth, and well-being of communities,
- Remain competitive on a STEM global stage
Nationally, new job openings and replacements will generate over 5 million STREAM related jobs in 2018. The ability for these jobs to be filled by US citizens will rely on innovative and out-of-the box programs to reach individuals that are not normally considered to be a vital part of the workforce.